Carlos Weber’s children called the fact that the veteran journalist remained alive a “miracle”. burn his apartment in Dorado in the morning of May 12.

In written statements, Pablo and Sergio Weber Marrero They said his father is still hospitalized in the intensive care unit of a medical center in San Juan. “Thank God he has responded favorably to every procedure he has been subjected to,” they said.

“There was a lot of toxic smoke inhalation that he was breathing when he was trapped in his house fire, so getting him healthy is a daily thing. We believe, and science confirms it to us, that his being alive today was a miracle from God. Prayers for his health and support from all of you help us stand on our feet.”they stated.

“We are extremely grateful for the generosity and support of those who have supported us with their prayers, donations and acts of solidarity during this very difficult time for our father Carlos Weber,” they said.

The donations for material assistance to the journalist They are made through ATH Móvil at 787-619-3183 (Pablo Weber) and to Banco Popular 274-148996.

As reported in the Department of Emergency Situations, the cause of the fire was a short circuit in the refrigerator outlet in the kitchen.

According to Fire Commissioner Marcos Concepcion Tirado, Weber suffered second-degree burns to his face, arms and chest.